My home office makeover


For months our office was used as storage but I envisioned a space where we could come, rest and be inspired. I needed a spot to house all my books and my husbands antique finds. I thought carefully about maximizing our room space, so we went with a floor to ceiling bookshelf that my husband built. I love the results.




Bookshelf- Built by Aniah's Window (World Market Knock-off)
Ladder- Built by Aniah's Window
Overhang lights- Ikea

I love the industrial feel this bookshelf has with its metal piping and file labels its the highlight of this room.  

Overhanging lights- Ikea
Lantern-Estate sale find
Antique Yolk-gift from our daughter
We thought through every detail carefully.
Blue Orb-Hobby Lobby
Art- My daughter Aniah
Can you see the clearance sticker on one of the books?
I'm always on the hunt for clearance items:)
 Antique iron-Local estate sale find
We wanted to have a wall that showcased various items. Here is the finished results. 
Dreams Board- Aniah's Window
Wall sconce- Aniah's Window
Antique shears wall art-Aniah's Window
Tree Pictures-Marshalls
White Ram Head- Hobby Lobby
Desk Lamp- Local Estate Sale
Desk- Distressed and painted by Aniah's Window
Eventually we would like to hide our printer and wires but that is a future project.
Midcentury Black Leather Chairs- Craigslist find
Kilim Woven Rug-Urban Outfitters
Trash Can- Ikea (spray painted gold)


Dream Board-Aniah's Window
Antique Shear Wood display- Aniah's Window 

In the corner of the office I wanted a reading space. Eventually we want to replace this chair with a compact leather recliner but for now this works just fine.
Chair- Alley find
5 gallon antique red wing crock pot-local estate sale find
Industrial telescopic lamp- local estate sale find
Navy Curtains- Target
Cream and Orange Curtain- Target
Bamboo shades-Home Depot
Industrial telescopic lamp- local estate sale find

I used this wall to display some art pieces I got at a fundraiser as well as some other antiques we picked up along our antiquing journeys.
Armoire-painted and distressed by Aniah's Window
Antique Wallpaper cutter & ruler- Local Estate sale find
Vintage suitcase-Antique store in Michigan
Close up of Antique Wallpaper cutter & ruler
Art by-Artist Jerry Rodriguez (An urban fresh cut fade Billy Graham and Francis Chan)

It's about the little details, you can't rush the details.
Antique counting machine-Garage sale find
Vase-Hobby Lobby clay pot (I spray painted it white and gold and added twine. Everything is fine with some twine 
Vintage Book- thrift store find
Glass knob- Target

After months of decorating I love the results. It's a space where we can read, create, dream and pray. 

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.
Hover to Pin